31 August, 2012

ride to boreas pass

this was my ride, today. wow, very cool. right when i was feeling i'd accomplished something, though, a guy rides up and we started chatting about our rides. he's in the process of riding the entire continental divide from banff to mexico, which made my climb seem pretty much like nothing, but still cool to meet him. he's a dutch guy who's taken this summer to do the great divide mountain bike route. anyway, paltry as my accomplishment may be, here's my ride up to the continental divide, it topped out at just under 11,500ft.



View 08/31/2012 ride up to boreas pass in a larger map

photos

just after i hit the dirt

this looks like there's going to be some cool scenery

a quick rest (didn't know how close i actually was to the top)

phew...

gotta be cool

looking east from the continental divide

looking west from the continental divide

proof! (umm, yep, that's my rental bike)

woah... don't get off the beaten path! apparently they have rednecks here too
here's the path i switched to on my way down
the fence keeping jeeps and ATVs off the singletrack


waiting out the rain at the bottom before heading into town

No comments: